Voter Identity Card was demanded in Constituent Assembly


CONSTITUENT ASSEMBLY OF INDIA DEBATES
(PROCEEDINGS) - VOLUME XI
Thursday, the 24th November, 1949
Shri L. Krishnaswami Bharathi:
.... I am sorry. I will finish soon. I am therefore anxious that polling should be made fool-proof if that is possible. I think it is possible and my suggestion therefore is this : The voters must be given what are known as identification cards, preferably with photos. Well,people may raise all sorts of objections but there is no time for me to touch upon this important matter. If identification cards are given beforehand, no voter can vote for somebody else....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

भारत के मूल संविधान को नमन करते प्रधान मंत्री नरेंद्र मोदी -

संविधान सभा में नामकरण संस्कार" भारत / इंडिया" पर निर्णायक चर्चा -18 सितम्बर 1949